For a lot of people this is the first time going through economic crisis. In 2008 we had the a Global Financial Crisis, and many small & medium businesses took a major hit.
I’d like to share 7 tips to help you see light at the end of the tunnel and get you through the current covid-19 crisis and possibly be even stronger on the other side.
1) Keep Communicating.
Just do it. Although you may not be able to physically service or speak to your clients, technology has made communication more accessible than ever. The internet has many great platforms for communication with your audience. Perhaps video call your clients instead of meeting, or use online conference software such as Zoom meetings to get groups of people together.
2) Engage through Social Media
ie: Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter and LinkedIn
Regular posts (Daily) Images. Ideas. Thoughts etc etc..
3) Start a Podcast – This can simply be a quick audio only or video recording or live stream of your thoughts throughout this time, and an effective way to communicate your heart and plans for the immediate and foreseeable future.
4) Be transparent, you are only human and people want to see the real side to you and your business. They will love your genuineness and it will only build more loyalty and trust.
5) Remember what is important. Money isn’t everything! Don’t overspend during this time. It might even be time to sell some unneeded things. Perhaps cut back on the 6 French Vanilla Latte’s a day. Over leveraging your finances can put you in a compromising position.
6) Get some expert financial advice. There are government grants and stimulus packages that you may be eligible for so consult your accountant or financial planner for up to date information.
7) Stay healthy, Eat good food, drink plenty of water and get plenty of sleep. You will get through it, and why not look after your body whilst you wait it out.
I hope these thoughts have helped and I wish all of you the best of health and success.
We are here to help you with moving forward in any way can, so reach out and don’t be afraid to ask any question you want. Hope to hear from you soon.